The summer is flying by so quickly. We are gearing up for Taylor to go to her very first summer camp (all week & she spends the night!), Rachel's first cheerleading camp, and a fun get-a-way for our anniversary (that my sweet husband is planning all on his own!). While I am anxious for the get-a-way, I really don't want it to come too quickly because when we return we will only have a few days until school begins again. I am trying to enjoy the summer sunshine & laughter while I can.
My friend, Teresa, an amazing soul who has the most beautiful 15 year old daughter, an adopted little 4-year-old boy, and another adoption in the works, has "tagged" me and my blog. Not being sure what that meant, I went to her site and realized that I have to pick five words to describe myself & share them with you. That is a problem for me. You see, I have no trouble finding the perfect words and sentiments for my family, but I stutter when it comes to myself. So, bear with me . . .
1. Dependable: I try my best to honor my word and if I say I am going to do something or be somewhere, then by golly, I am going to follow through.
2. Blessed: God has given me a fabulous husband, two wonderful daughters & family that I wouldn't trade for anyone else's family - well, most of them :)
3. Peaceful: Although I work two part-time jobs, my husband works all the time, and we have a second home at our church, when I take time to think about my life, peace overwhelms me. I am happy, I am healthy, and God is in control. You can't ask for much more than that!
4. Happy: I love my family & my life. I am happy in my soul.
5. Christian: I would say this defines who I am. I try to do all things for Christ and Him alone. Pride and ego sometimes tries to get in the way, but thankfully, I have a husband who keeps me on track :)
Okay, Teresa just kindly showed me the errors of my ways and said I was supposed to do six words, not five! So, drumroll please, here is #6:
6. Mom: Yes, I know that isn't the type of word they were looking for, but let me tell you -- at this stage in my life "mom" sums up who I am pretty good. I never realized how much (hard) work it would be to be a mom. However, the benefits are so wonderful. I absolutely love being a mother. I knew I wanted children, but honestly, never thought about the mom aspect. I love taking my girls with me everywhere I go, teaching them new things, showing them rainbows & ladybugs, being a partner in pillow fights & make-overs and just loving them. Yes, I would say "mom" is a great word for me.
Okay, now, five friends who might do this too? Well, sorry, I only have five friends with blogs, so you are the chosen ones to be "it":
Heather
Sam
Amy
Carrie
Renee
Have fun with it and I can't wait to see what you wrote!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you took part in the "tagging"!! Fun!! But you made a mistake...it was "Six Words That Describe You." You owe us one more!!
Teresa =)
A not-so-amazing soul who is eternally grateful that that is how you see me...
Post a Comment