
Today was the much anticipated start of camp for my oh-so-grown up 8-year-old! She woke up this morning ready to begin her adventure. When we arrived at camp she gravitated to the security of her cousins. When the girls were assigned the cabin that had air conditioning, I breathed a sigh of relief and knew all would be good :) This picture is of the girls waiting with excitement to see the inside of the cabin. Oh, if you could have heard all the squeals that occurred when the door opened you would have laughed with me!

She called me tonight talking so fast I had to ask her to slow down. In a nutshell, she is having a fabulous time! I honestly think she was too tired to share any details other than she spent some of her money at the giftstore buying presents for us all. Her little sister was so excited that she was able to say good night. She must have told me a hundred times today that she missed her. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, so perhaps when "Miss Bossy Pants" returns from camp, they will not fight for one whole day! Hey, I can dream, can't I?
Keep checking back throughout the week. I will keep you posted with the adventures of summer camp from an 8-year-old's perspective!
No comments:
Post a Comment