Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is it too much to ask?

I travelled up to camp tonight. Yes, I know it has only been one day, but I had promised her that I would visit one night and this is the only night I could go. So, my youngest and I went to see her. She was having so much fun with her cousins! Camp rules dictate that they have to be with a partner at all times so the three youngest cousins are joined at the hip. I have to say to my cousin Christina -- rest assured that our girls are not missing us at all! They were in and out of the cabin, running around, laughing and having a great time. I ended up only spending about 45 minutes with them due to the service going a little longer than anticipated, but I could tell that it was plenty. There was no clinging or crying or "miss you, mommy" from my daughter. I am glad she is happy, but really ... is it too much to ask for her to pretend that she misses me? The rest of the week promises to be just as fun and exciting for them. I expect to pick up one very exhausted little girl on Friday!




No comments: