
Inaugural camp week is over and a very tired little girl is already sound asleep for the night. She came home with stories of staying up past midnight, shaving cream fights, mud obstacle courses, pig chases, blue ice cream and working in the cafeteria. My normally quiet daughter talked the entire 40 minutes home this morning. She was running on pure adreneline, I am sure of it.
We were not home long before the fighting began. I only wished for a day, right? Sigh. However, the girls quickly realized it was would be way more fun to play together than to be banned to their rooms until daddy got home from work and decided to work it out. Never underestimate the power of a threat.
Tonight was the last night of cheer camp too. Right before we left, I got a phone call from Graeter's Ice Cream. A friend had forwarded an email to me last week that informed us that if the girls drew a funny way to eat ice cream and took it into our local Graeter's shop they would get a free ice cream cone. So the girls spent the morning coloring a picture to take. Tonight Graeters called to tell me that we won in the age bracket of 8 to 10 year olds :) I am not sure what the prize is but we are going tomorrow to pick it up. Check back and I will let you know. My littlest one was very sad that she had not won in her age bracket. Her sweet sister encouraged her all the way to cheer camp telling her that she knew that she had drawn the best picture but they probably weren't both allowed to win. It didn't make my baby feel better but it did tug at my heartstrings.

At cheer camp tonight they had a "bounce-off". Each age group did a jump of their choice and were judged by their team leaders. There were about 100 cheerleaders total and only about 10 won an award. And guess what? My little cheerleader won! Her sister and I were so excited. The other parents probably thought we were lunatics, but I didn't care. She had won something too! So the winners are . . . both of my beautiful daughters :)
1 comment:
Way to go, Rachel and Taylor!! You girls ROCK!!!
Meggie and Miss Teresa =)
P.S. If you need any company at Graeter's, give us a call...
Post a Comment