Friday, July 25, 2008

Mr. Redlegs (a.k.a. "Mr. Baseball Head")


The girls & I were able to go to the game tonight with my dad. The seats were fabulous but the company was even better! Of course, the usual sno-cones & cotton candy were still a big hit (thanks to GrandBob!). We actually stayed for the entire game. Can you hear me yawning?

While we were sitting there we noticed Mr. Redlegs (or Mr. Baseball Head as the girls call him). We took the opportunity to go stretch our legs and stalk him a little! We caught up with him and got this great picture. Both the girls gave him a huge hug and were so excited they actually saw him. Normally we see him from a distance and don't get the chance to get up close and personal.



The reason we stayed the whole game is because they were having a fireworks display after the game ended. Had I known that, we would have never arrived to the game 1/2 hour early! By the 7th inning stretch, my littlest one had had enough! But she was a trooper, snuggled on GrandBob's chest and waited out the game.



When the first firework went off, she jumped a foot and crawled into my lap crying because she was scared. Oh, dear. I knew we had waited through an extremely boring game (the Reds lost, can you tell?) and I had an 8-year-old wide-eyed with excitement. So I snuggled my baby down and waited it out. I took her out of the stadium for the grand finale -- and was it a wise decision. I have never heard such a loud grand finale ever. It shook the stadium. Taylor was on cloud 9 and her excitement was so worth the long game.

Now they are both tucked into their beds, sound asleep, dreaming of rainbow-colored cotton candy and blue sno-cones. I am going to bed and thank God for my sweet girls (& my dad!).



No comments: