On Wednesday, Taylor's wish came true -- a SNOW DAY! The snow happened to start coming down right around 5:00 AM and so it was a perfect snow day -- no school, but the roads were fine by 10:00. This meant we could go sledding! My neighbor and I loaded up the four kids and headed across the street. Juli, my neighbor, even thought about taking hot chocolate in a thermos for the kids. It was a lot of fun -- even for me! I had not been sledding since I was a kid. I remembered why snow days were fun :) (And yes, Taylor did wear gloves that day regardless of how it looks in the picture. The cup was steaming hot because of the hot chocolate so she had taken her gloves off to "warm" her hands up. So, grandparents, relax!)
Today is Friday, and we have yet another snow day! The roads, once again, are just wet right now but the ice was pelting the windows at 5:00 this morning -- just perfect conditions for a snow day. We were smart and rented a movie last night as well as a Play Station game for the girls today. Although, right now, Taylor is reading a book (her favorite pastime) and Rachel is playing Barbies. Oh, to be a kid again :)
Enjoy your snowy weather wherever you are!
1 comment:
So glad you guys had a snow day! We have had so many that my boys now ask me every morning if I am SURE we have school today! Are they spoiled or what! We have had clear skies this week, but the temperatures have been hovering around zero (yesterday, the actual temperature was -1 when I got up at 6:45! Yikes!) Miss you guys, but love being able to keep up with you this way!
Post a Comment