Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Growing up fast!

Last week was Taylor's 9th birthday. It is hard to believe that my firstborn is already nine years old. She is getting so grown up -- very concerned about the clothes she wears and how her hair looks. She hasn't asked for little kid toys this year for Christmas but rather a Nintendo DS and clothes. I really want her to crawl up on my lap like she used to do and ask for an Elmo. She told me last night as I held her on the couch that even when she was a teenager she would want me to hold her. I think I will remind her of that in a few years. While I am sad that she is growing up, I must embrace the fact there is nothing I can do about it and rejoice with her in each milestone she passes.

My baby girl at age 3. . .



and now at age 9.





2 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Happy Birthday, Taylor! One more year and you'll be in double digits!! You are a beautiful girl, inside and out. Hope you had some fun on your big day!!

Meggie and Miss Teresa =)

Teresa =) said...

Shannon -

You've been "tagged"...check out my blog for details!

Teresa =)