Sorry for the lapse in writing. Life has been so busy! I have lots of pictures I could post -- Taylor's school musical, Rachel's Easter Egg hunt, and so on, but that will have to wait.
A few interesting things have been happening. First, Taylor had a "Rain Day" yesterday ~ no school! Can you even believe it? It rained so much and so hard for a few days that the rivers around here couldn't contain it all. Even our subdivision was flooded on the other side (it didn't affect us). But the main roads to the schools were so flooded that they were shut down. Imagine my surprise & Taylor's delight to wake up to an unexpected rain day!
Also, Taylor brought home a paper last week from her teacher saying she had been chosen as
a student of the month. They choose one child from each class each month. Considering there are 25 children in her class and only 7 months this happens, it is a great honor. They get recognized at the next PTO meeting with a certificate and a medal. This award is not for grades but for character which makes it all the more wonderful as a mother :)
Rachel has been her usual self. She is so funny . . . but don't laugh at her because she gets mad! One day she will appreciate the laughter. On the way home from church on Sunday she was singing a verse of a children's song that says "I have the peace that passes understanding down in my heart". I was very impressed, as was Taylor. Taylor had her sing it about three times and made a big deal that she knew that verse. Rachel, as serious as could be, agreed that it was hard but she would sing it slow enough for Taylor to understand. The pride her mom & dad were feeling at their incredibly smart child quickly turned to quiet laughter. Here is what she had Taylor repeat: "I have the pizza that passes understanding down in my heart!"
Since Chris and I are doing the envelope system (heard of Dave Ramsey?) the girls are now doing it too. And they think it is great! They have a "give", "save" and "spend" envelope. Today they both received $1 from their Grandparents in MI. Rachel immediately said she wanted to put it in her "save" envelope because she really wants that American Girl doll! The best part of the envelopes though is on Sunday morning when it is time to go to church they grab their "give" envelope and take their money out to give to Jesus. They are learning that from the commission (we don't call it allowance) they earn the first part goes back to Jesus.
Okay, I have rambled enough! Pictures will follow soon.
1 comment:
Great idea to do the envelope thing with the girls - I bet they are learning so much! We miss being with you guys this weekend! Easter just won't be the same - have a great weekend.
Post a Comment