On Saturday as I set out the pork for dinner, Taylor told me I should put it away because we were going out to eat. I didn't argue! They wouldn't tell me where we were going though. Because the girls were going with me and Chris, I thought maybe we were going to a restaurant we would all enjoy. Imagine my surprise when we pulled up to a Red Lobster! To give you the back story on Red Lobster, let me start with saying that Chris hates (detests, despises, gets ill thinking about) sea food. The last time I convinced him to go to Red Lobster was for our one-year wedding anniversary (that was 12 years ago!). I told him that they did have chicken and he would be fine. Wouldn't you know that they were out of chicken that night? So I have not been able to convince him to go back since then. Thankfully, on Saturday, they had plenty of chicken and mac-n-cheese for the girls & Chris and seafood for me :) It was delicious and worth the 12 year wait!
On Sunday, Chris and our good friend Jamie cooked out and took care of everything for me and Jamie's wife, Nikki. Jamie & Nikki also have two daughters so the girls had a blast playing together while we just hung out and talked. Later we ran over to Kings Island and rode so many rides.
While we were at Kings Island, we split up for a few minutes so Taylor could ride a "big girl" ride. While Jamie & I were waiting for the little girls to get off Blues Clues, he received a text from Chris saying he and Taylor were on the Drop Zone. My heart just about stopped. Here is the description of the ride: "At 315 feet tall, DROP ZONE is the world’s tallest gyro drop. DROP ZONE spins riders on a 30-foot ring of 40 seats that encircles the drop tower to a height of more than 26 stories, and then drops guests in a 67 mph free-fall." Needless to say, I was sick. Chris said when she got off of the ride, Taylor couldn't even walk. She said she was never going on it again! She did survive but I do have more gray hairs today than yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment