10:00 AM:
My baby is in Kindergarten. I can't believe it. You would have been proud of me though -- I didn't cry . . . much. We were not at the bus stop long before a big, yellow bus rounded the corner. She gave me a hug and I sent her on her way. The tears were welling up in my eyes. Then we realized it was the wrong bus. My heart did a flip! I was so glad. I wasn't ready yet. After five years of preparing myself for this day, I needed a few more minutes. That turned out to be an easy request. The bus was very late and by the time it arrived, I realized she was so excited that I didn't cry when she actually got on the bus. I will admit the tears flowed a little while I was following her bus to school. (Yes, I followed her there to make sure she was okay.) She carefully exited the bus at the school, waved to me, and was on her way without so much of a glance back. It was wonderful :) I am so glad for her.
12:45 PM
So we both survived her first day at Kindergarten! She had a great day! She is a little tired though. I had promised I would take her out to lunch at the place of her choice and then go buy a "big girl" Bible for her. She came home, kicked off her shoes, and told me that the "morning felt like all day" and she didn't want to go anywhere! I had a feeling that might happen so I had cleaned her bedroom & playroom from top to bottom and now she is ready to go in and play all afternoon. For those of you who know her well, she is very content and happy when she is in her room playing with her little Polly Pockets and other "treasures".
She said she is getting on the bus tomorrow! I am sure there will be no tears then. And so the year has begun.
1 comment:
We had the same journey a few weeks ago, Ian started Kindergarten this year too. Ian wasn't as thrilled to get on the bus and go to school the first couple days, but he absolutely loves it now. I too meet the bus at school to be sure he was okay. It's our right as mom's!!!
Post a Comment