
Rachel had her first ballet recital on Friday. We went to the salon and had her hair done in a bun. She was very aware that all the other girls in her ballet class had hair long enough to put in a bun and it was very important to her to also have a bun. Needless to say, I was willing to do whatever it took to get her hair up! The stylist (God love her) was wonderful! She made a huge deal over Rachel's big night and made her feel beautiful. Rachel just glowed.
When I was putting the makeup on her for the recital (mascara, eyeliner . . . the works!) I tried not to get choked up thinking that this is my baby. She looked absolutely beautiful in her outfit -- a real ballerina.

The ballet performance went off very well. There was a slippery spot in the center of the stage and the ballerinas kept slipping and falling. I sat there the entire time praying that Rachel did not slip. I do believe I would have had to go pick her up off the stage from sheer mortification if she had fallen. Thankfully she must have had two angels holding her up because she never slipped. In fact, she did great! She remembered all her motions and did not even look scared.
She really wants to go to ballet day camp this year. We are thinking about it since Taylor gets to go away for a week of camp (without me!!) this summer. Who would have thought that this strong person who does not like any types of hugs or kisses would love something like ballet? I am happy that she has found something that she really enjoys.
For those of you who visit us, don't worry -- we will be bringing out the home video :)
2 comments:
She looks beautiful! We can't wait to see the video.
I love her hair! Isn't it amazing what stylists can do! Can't wait to see the video.
Post a Comment